A World of Bullies, Copycats and Chickens: is short-term economic forecasting still relevant?
- Are quarterly economic forecasts still relevant in today’s world?
- If the answer is NO (as I think,) where should investors seek guidance in a world of geo-political bullying, emerging trade wars and strongly volatile markets.
- My answer is simple: Take your guidance from YOU. Your personal situation and future liabilities should be the only driving forces.
- So copy what all the big institutional investors are doing and pursue Investing for Personal Liabilities (IPL); it is the only answer.
- But note: The IPL approach requires all cards on the table and brutal honesty, thorough analysis and a lot of soul searching (example provided).
For the complete article by Bart Le Blanc, please see the attachment.
All opinions and estimates expressed in this document are subject to change without notice. This document does not purport to be impartial research and has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and is as such not subject to any prohibition. Andreas Capital S.A. does not accept any liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. This document is for information purposes only and is not, and should not be construed as, an offer to buy or sell any securities or related derivatives, invest in any funds, or enter into any transaction with Andreas Capital S.A or any of its affiliates. The information contained in this document has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable, and is published for the assistance of the recipient, but is not to be relied upon as authoritative or taken in substitution for the exercise of judgement by the recipient. This report is marketing communication, and not investment research, and is intended for professional and eligible counterparties only.